27 April 2008

BotCon 2008


Live Autobots
Originally uploaded by kaiju_images
Thought I'd throw some quick photos from BotCon 2008 up for you folks. For those of you that don't know what BotCon is (and I confess I had not heard of it until this last week) it is a convention for all things concerning Transformers.

I took my son and one of his friends to it and of course they had a blast. Not that I didn't, mind you. Being the big kid in heart I couldn't help but have fond memories when I saw the old school Transformers, from Megatron (when it was OK for him to be a gun) to the Insecticons & Constructicons.

As much of a fan of Japanese anime that I am and the new live action movie, I much rather prefer the old 80's versions of the Transformers. It's just not the same now. If you ever get a chance to watch one of the 80's Transformers movies, do it, along with any of the kids you may have. Show them part of your childhood. You'll both appreciate it.

No comments: